Wednesday, May 20, 2009

The Increasing Numbers of Non-Educated People in Indonesia

Posted by Rinni at 1:21 AM

The Increasing Numbers of Non-Educated People in Indonesia



Indonesia is known as one of developing countries in the world. Since its independence declared on August 17th 1945, Indonesia keeps on straightening up its state of nation. Education is one of the issues that has been going on in Indonesia. Each year, numbers of non-educated people in Indonesia increase uncontrollably. There may be many reasons behind this phenomenon. However, it is mainly caused by three factors: the unawareness to education, people’s affordability, and the laziness.



The first reason would be the lacking in knowing how important education in their lives. This is often happened to people who live in a neighborhood in where education is not considered worth much. In rural areas such as village, for example, there is not found many schools or any other educational institutions. This makes its inhabitants do not know much about education. In fact, the teenagers are thought to be old enough to have a marriage. In their opinion, their deep-rooted customs and traditions are the most important elements in their lives and education is just not one of those things.



The next reason is people’s affordability which is still not in the level of prosperity. Many people cannot afford their education. It is much related to poverty, another major issue in Indonesia. There are not enough job vacancies for jobless people. This causes most of them have to work harder. For instance, they do not mind being singing beggars or, even worse, beggars only so they can survive. Being have-nots is their only flaw. They have will, a strong desire for education, but no matter how much they want it, they just cannot do it. Their condition has forced them.



The last reason is something that happen to everyone, no one is expected, that is laziness. Those people who ‘suffer’ from it think that education is not a must thing to have. They do know that it is important but they are too lazy to go to school. It is exemplified by paying no attention in class, skipping school, and even dropping out. They love playing around and do not like studying. This would be the worst one among other reasons. They have more than enough money to afford their education. They got a chance but they do not use it properly as they should. These people are either indeed geniuses or idiots.



Education is a problem that has not been solved until now. Government is not the only one who should take responsible for this issue but the people themselves as well. There are lots of efforts and actions that had been taken to overcome this problem such as BOS, free-of-charge school program, and educational workshops. They may not really work efficiently and effectively but each of them is worth a try. Hopefully, the numbers of non-educated people could be decreased and the condition of education could get better soon.



5 comments:

writing3096 said...

honestly, you have developed such a good essay, but I think it will be better if you write down the controlling idea in the introductory paragraph. I think education is not a problem the problem that you have explain in your essay is a problem related to education, and not the education itself. you have developed several new idea in the concluding paragraph. you have not even mentioned three mainly problems related to education in Indonesia.

writing3037 said...

mmmmmm, frankly,
ur essay is good ( very good, so good ^_^ )
ur way make ( explain ) background infrmtion in introduction prgrph is cearly.
n TS in each paragraph's clearly too.

but i agree with 096, that u shouldn't add some new ideas in concluding pargrph..

just it my comment, good job!
I proud of u, ..
GBU ^_^

writing3070 said...

@Writing3096: Yeah, I'm aware that I have a problem in making thesis statement. I'll try to make it better in another essay. Thanks for your suggestion..
=D

@Writing3037: It's just good without 'very' or 'so'. Did I really make new ideas in my concluding paragraph? Which one? Those BOS, free-of-charge school program and educcational workshops things? I never meant like that. I thought it all would be supporting details only. I was just trying hard not to make any repetition. But thanks for your comments, guys.. I aprreciate it. But why are there only the two of you?? Where are the others??
TT__TT

writing3041 said...

I'm so sorry.I need a long time to post my comment.There were some troubles in posting comments yesterday.

Actually,you've developed an example essay well.Your essay is better than before.However,there is something you have to do in your introductory paragraph.I really agree with writing3096 and 3037.You should writte the controlling ideas in introductory paragraph.So,the readers can get the points of the topic in your essay.

I hope my comments can be useful for you.
ThankU,
GBU.

writing3093 said...

Ok. . .
That's right, it w0uld be better if you write c0ntr0lling idea in intr0duct0ry paragraph..
H0wever, you have d0ne a g0od essay.
Ab0ut concluding paragraph, I think there's n0 mistake and I d0n't agree like our friends said that you add new idea in c0ncluding paragraph. I think y0ur c0ncluding sentence is better than you made s0me repetiti0n in c0ncluding.

G0od j0b friend. . ( + _ ¤ )

Post a Comment

 

Sehnsucht Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gift Idea