Wednesday, May 6, 2009

SMA Negeri 2 Pahandut Palangkaraya

Posted by Rinni at 11:02 PM
SMA Negeri 2 Pahandut is one of senior high schools in Palangkaraya. Since it has been gaining more and more attention from public, it will always be the one of, if not the most, favorite schools for those who want to continue their study after graduating from junior high schools. Moreover, it has quite complete facilities such as library, computer laboratory, Biology laboratory, and soccer field. However, it is most well-known for its teaching and learning methods. They are teaching and learning by media and study club.

There are some subjects that require media in the process of teaching and learning. An example is Information and Technology (IT). Since IT is all about computer, it surely needs a computer laboratory. Other medium used in SMA 2 Pahandut Palangkaraya is Over Head Projector (OHP). In Biology, for instance, it is often used for presenting some slides or presentations about human reproductive system or insect anatomy.

Study club, or Tutor Sebaya as it usually called, is specially formed for the 12th grade students who will have their national examinations. Since each student has a different weakness, almost every subject has its own study club. In every study club, there are students who are skillful in a particular subject and the ones who failed on their try-outs. The first ones mentioned are supposed to help the latter in order that they gain their ability and hopefully can pass the national examinations. This method works better in some ways than common teaching and learning process that happens between students and their teacher. For example, they can arrange their own schedules, would not feel too inferior, and are not as passive as they are to their teacher.

There are many more teaching and learning methods out there; however those are the methods used in SMA Negeri 2 Pahandut Palangkaraya. They may sound simple, yet they have made good progress in supporting teaching and learning process in the school. It can be said that both methods are some strengths it has that make it a step ahead of other senior high schools in Palangkaraya.



PS: I couldn’t think of another teaching and learning method cause as I recall, those two are the only methods I’ve ever experienced back when I was in high school. I would have made a better example essay if only I could change the idea of my essay though... May I?

4 comments:

writing3041 said...

I think, your essay is better than before. You've written a complete essay according to the rules.Althouh, I have some comments about it.

Honestly,when I read the intoductory paragraph,I get difficulty to find the point of thesis statement in your essay.So,thesis statement is still unclear for me.

You should write more impformation to support your topic sentence in the first body paragraph.

Your topic sentences in the first and the second body paragraphs are clear. The conclusion is good,because it is not repeatition of thesis statement,

I hope my comments can be useful for you in improving your essay.
Gb...

writing3037 said...

hi,
ok, ur essay is making good progress compared with the first essay u made yesterday .

altough, i need much effort to recognize and understand ur main purpose ( cz ur diction or word choice u made is very difficult to understand )

but it's ok, as far as i can understand what u mean..never mind..

so, develop ur writing skill well, because this is ur good skill..
good job, friend..
C U

n GBU ^^

writing3029 said...

Actually,,, your essay interests me to read!!! unfortunately,,, ur assay is lack of information,,,,

but that's good enough!!!

let's improve our writing skill,,,,,, n keep writing in this blog!!
hehehehheh
(^_^)

writing3093 said...

Ok, hi. . .
I agree with the c0mments of our friends that your essay is better than before, and I also agree that in your introductory paragraph is rather unclear, especially in thesis statement.
I think you must add m0re information in each body of paragraph, espesially in the fourth paragraph.
You used some words which is not really easy to understand about what you mean, but I think it's not a big mistake.
C U n thank'z

Post a Comment

 

Sehnsucht Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gift Idea