All my life, I can only remember three chances. I missed the first one because I was unsure. I kept thinking that had I done it, I would have crossed the line. A line that made so much sense at that time. After that, I swore that if the chance came again, I would take it without hesitation.
A year later, I found myself missing the second chance.
I have never been the type to express emotion freely and at that time, again, I thought it would be inappropriate if I just acted what I felt without thinking twice. So I did think twice and the chance slipped away. I cried all the way home.
They said third time is the charm.
I didn’t think much when the third chance came knocking on my door. I took it by hand and kept it in my life for 7 days.
When I missed my first chance, I kept lamenting about how different it would have been had I chosen to follow what I felt instead of what I thought. My third chance showed me exactly how different it was.
I felt fear. I felt confusion. I felt nervousness. I felt familiarity. I felt safe. I felt crazy. I felt stupid. I felt tired. I felt happy. I felt anticipation. I felt pleasure. I felt pain. I felt loss. I felt cherished. I felt respected. I felt encouragement. I felt life. I felt chance.
I felt no regret.
It didn’t give me a happy ending nor did it give me a sad one. It just was. It was experience. It was life.
It was chance.
So whatever happens in the future, I’m glad I took the chance. Whatever happens in our lives, the memory of meeting and being with you will stay with me for as long as I can remember. And you remain one of the best things I’ve ever had.
Thank you.
Ray Gasan
- Rinni
- Palangkaraya, Indonesia
- An observer, a listener, simply a royal daughter. I'm precious cause I know I'm loved by the Lord. Love you too, Father..! ♥ Jesus is my passion. Word of God comes first. Banana, cheese, fried peanuts, vegetables, pudding, milk, yoghurt, and fried rice ROCK..! Oh, and taking random pics is fun. My fave moment is when I can make people laugh. Doesn't always work but I'm sooo grateful when it does. =D
Thursday, November 17, 2016
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment