Saturday, March 31, 2012

Be Grateful!

Posted by Rinni at 7:28 PM
There’s always something to be grateful for.

For these past few months, my days have always been filled with personal stuff, writing thesis, working on research, writing thesis, and more personal stuff. I hardly spend quality time with my Father. And now I grow tired. I’m tired of having to deal with everything on my own. There are times where I have nothing left to say in my prayer and can only cry my eyes out until I fall asleep.
I have a wonderful Father but I can’t pretend I’m okay when I really am not.
Just a few days ago, that sentence popped out of nowhere in my mind, right when I felt really depressed with everything around me. Typical me, I went straight browsing the internet to see just how many people have ever thought about this sentence. There were many of them but this one really struck a chord in me.
As you can read yourself, she even made a list of things that she should be grateful for. Funny how most of the things in her list would soon be in my own list.

You’re grateful because everything is good” VS “Everything is good because you’re grateful for it”.

I do admit that I tend to think the first sentence more times than the latter. And I’m not proud of it. Till this very second I have to constantly remind myself that it’s good because I’m grateful for it. Her post really blessed me a lot. I know for sure that Father has used her to help me freeing myself from my entangled mind. And I’m grateful for it.
Today, I’ve done something that I never thought I would ever do in my life: applying as a flight attendant.
Of course I’ve said for many times that I wanted to be a stewardess when I was a child but hey, could you really take seriously what a kid says about what she wants to be when she’s only six? I, for one, honestly couldn’t.
I’m still astounded that I actually did send my application.
Regardless I meet their criteria or not—what with me being easy to get motion sickness—I feel grateful that I’ve at least tried to accomplish one of my childhood dreams.
Who knows, just who knows, I might really accomplish it in no time.

Be grateful for something—or MORE—today!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Sehnsucht Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gift Idea