September isn’t usually my favourite month of a year. It’s just an ordinary one, just like the rest. But this year, it’s become pretty extraordinary, especially on Sept 8th and 9th. You see, I have friends, Stevanie and Yeyen, one of which happens to be my best friend. Those are their birthdays. Each year, we usually only have some girls night out to celebrate them. It’s either on 8th or 9th, depends on our mood.
It started when Stev’s boyfriend, Erik, called me on September 2nd. He was planning on throwing a surprise birthday party for his lovely girlfriend. It would only be a small one cause he didn’t have that much money to make a big one. Plus, he didn’t wanna cause a chaotic afterparty. How sweet of him…
=)
Then I told him bout 9th being Yeyen’s birthday and we celebrating them at once. So why not make it for both of them, he suggested. He then asked me to call some of our close friends cause it was impossible for us to do it by ourselves. So I called Mey, and only her cause we’re their closest friends when we were in senior high school. Yes, we aren’t that close anymore, if you ask, since we became university students for each of us chose different majors (I’m in English Education, Mey’s in PE, Stev’s in Economics, and Yeyen’s in IT). But we keep in touch and pay a visit to each other’s house every once in a while.
But then I decided to ask Yeyen’s boyfriend, Xiang ( yes, he’s a Chinese =), to join our lil secret plan. Since I didn’t have his number and Mey did, I told Mey to ask Xiang about it. Long sory short, he said he did want to join as long as we didn’t make a ‘mean drama’ (what are we—Drama Queens?? *insert rolling eyes here*).
So on 5th we decided to discuss it furthermore at Mey’s house. That was the first time I met Erik since we graduated from elementary school eight years ago or so. Yes, he was my classmate back then. Such a long time, huh? But that’s not the surprising part. What shocked me was he’s already fallen in love with Stev since he came to our school! He was a transfer student when we were in 4th grade. I never ask him bout it but I believe she’s his first love. How sweet…
XD
It was a bit awkward at first but soon we were having a fun discussion. In the middle of our discussion, Xiang texted Mey, telling that he couldn’t join us cause he had something important to do. We didn’t mind since three people were enough to accomplish our not-so-impossible mission. Erik then asked us to make a survey of the prices of birthday cakes in bakery shops. I told you, we—or more like HE—didn’t have THAT MUCH money and that wasn’t including the birthday presents. That’s why we had to make it as efficient as we could.
We decided three shops in mind but ended up coming to only two of them since the last one didn’t even display any birthday cake in its display case. Erik said a blackforest would be great so we asked about it only. When I texted him the prices later that night, he seemed shock. He then texted me back, telling that he had to think twice bout it. No wonder, they were BLACKFOREST. I would just make a doughnut as her birthday cake if I were him.
Mey got her present for Yeyen that day while I didn’t but anything. I already got this cute bracelet in mind to give to Yeyen. I ordered it from my friend’s acquaintance. But when ask my friend bout it again, she said her friend didn’t have the ‘Y’ letter. That meant I had to find another thing to give as a present.
While waiting for Erik’s decision, I spent the whole afternoon on Sunday, looking for some things that I could give as birthday presents for Stev and Yeyen. The great thing was I’ve got nothing. I was so desperate that I contemplated giving them only some snacks since we’re the type of people who prefer food to fashion.
-_-;
At night, Erik texted me. He wanted to have another discussion at the same place tomorrow. Since I had classes from 1.30 till 5 P.M., I told him that I only had a free time in the morning and after my classes finished. He chose the last option and so I told Mey about it, asking if we could come to her house around that hour, in which we could.
The next day, after waiting for some time at campus and none of our lecturers seemed to come, I decided to give another try to find their birthday presents. I ended up with a cross on a necklace and some bookmarks for Yeyen’s bible in hand. I then texted Erik that I didn’t have any classes today so I came earlier. It was around 3 when he texted me that he needed another hour or so cause he was installing his friend’s computer. When he came later, we continued our discussion. Mey told us that we couldn’t include Yeyen in the birthday party cause she had classes the next night. It was officially a surprise birthday party for Stev then. I ask Mey to text Xiang, telling him that he didn’t have to join us anymore since it was no longer for her girlfriend. We also asked him not to tell Yeyen about our previous plan. We didn’t want to disappoint her. After that, we immediately went to the first bakery shop. Long story short, we got this bill in hand as a sign that we’d already ordered a birthday cake from that shop.
We still had some time so Mey and I decided to find our present for Stev since we didn’t have enough money to but it by ourselves, while Erik excused himself to go cause he had some occasion to attend. After searching for some time, we found our present along with some cute candles and wrapping paper.
The next night, I was the first one who came to the bakery shop. It was ahead of the time that we’d promised last night. I was getting more and more anxious cause none of them came to the shop. I even mistook this man who happened to be the customer for someone who work there!
If I could I would dig a hole, hide in there, and never come back to the surface again.
The time before 8.30 was chaotic. Let’s just say none of us were in our right minds. Oh and have I told you that Yeyen finally joined our mission?
=)
But we broke into happiness when we arrived at Stev’s house. She was crying when she saw we were coming. So sweet... We teased her all the time until the time we had to go home.
Erik had taken some pics at that precious time. I’ll think about how to show it to you later.
=)
I decided to come to Yeyen’s house early in the morning to give my present and had already set my alarm but when it went off in the morning, I just wanted to continue my sleep. I was reaaaaally exhausted cause I kept going out till late at night on the three previous nights. I’m easy to have a sleep deprivation if I didn’t get enough sleep and I hate it. It’ll always ruin my day.
>=8
I ended up sending her a text, wish her a happy birthday. It was only a three-word text and as expected, she didn’t reply it. She probably got angry with me and thought I did my best to celebrate Stev’s birthday but not for her, my own best friend. I decided to settle it later that noon before I go to campus. His father has this small store near my campus and she often works there in her free time. When I got there, her niece told me that she’d already gone to her campus.
Really, why is it so hard when it comes to giving a present?
No?
Well, it only works on me then.
I decided to come to her house after all my class finish. Thank God, none of our lecturers came just like the past days. When I got to her house, she was home and Mey was there too. I wondered if she’d already given her present to Yeyen. I approached them and said nothing when I gave it to Yeyen. She looked surprise. Mey, too.
Huh? I thought she’d already did it. But no, cause she then gave hers after a few moment.
Yeyen said that she WAS annoyed when she read my text and I just laughed. I told her the truth and she seemed to understand our exhaustion and my burning passion for sleep. Yes, you heard it right.
And that was it.
Pheww, I swear this is the longest blog I’ve ever posted! It took more than two pages of Words before I posted it here.
I hope Stev and Yeyen have had their memorable birthday.
=)
Now whose birthday may we celebrate next, hm?
Oh, my English isn’t perfect so corrections to my blog are welcome.
=D
Oh, my brother's just gone to the hospital. He got asthma attack because of the bad weather. Stupid smog!!
>=8
I hope he's gonna be alright. I'm going to the hospital now.
Ray Gasan
- Rinni
- Palangkaraya, Indonesia
- An observer, a listener, simply a royal daughter. I'm precious cause I know I'm loved by the Lord. Love you too, Father..! ♥ Jesus is my passion. Word of God comes first. Banana, cheese, fried peanuts, vegetables, pudding, milk, yoghurt, and fried rice ROCK..! Oh, and taking random pics is fun. My fave moment is when I can make people laugh. Doesn't always work but I'm sooo grateful when it does. =D
Friday, September 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment